Thursday, July 3, 2014

Exploring Britania's Group of Islands at Britania, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur, Philippines

   Together with our youngest sister, we went to Tandag City Airport to fetch the rest of our siblings from Manila. My brother's and my other  sister's family are vacationing for a week in our province.
   Three months before their vacation, I emailed my sister to try the new route of Cebu Pacific which is from Cebu City to Tandag City. Tandag City is just an hour land trip away from our municipality, Madrid, Surigao del Sur.  
   Since it was the maiden flight of Cebu Pacific Air from Cebu City to Tandag City, there were some government officials from the city who welcomed the passengers. Local foods were served at the airport for the city officials and for all the arriving passengers. Since we already booked a lunch at Gold Bar Restaurant, we went directly to the restaurant located near the Boulevard of Tandag City.



We met some protesters along the National Road of Tandag City. We are on our way to the restaurant. The protesters are demanding the government to reduce rice prices. 




   The food was great at Gold Bar restaurant but it took an hour and a half for the food to prepare. We eat all the food that we ordered because we are all famished. Our lunch was served late at 2:00 o'clock in the afternoon.






   After our lunch, we went directly to Britania, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur. We asked people along the way because our driver is not well versed of the southern part of our province. We arrived at Mac Arthurs Place in Britania, San Agustin, Surigao del Sur at around 5:30 in the afternoon. We had our dinner at Mac Arthurs Place. Our food was all fish cooked in different ways. Soup fish, grilled fish, fried fish, and a local style of sushi (raw fish combined in vinegar, cucumber, and salt).  The food again was great but again, the food preparation took very long to prepare. Our local food here is very simple to cook. I really do not know why some restaurants here took so long to prepare our food.




   We rested at Mac Arthurs Place. We had to wait for an hour to enter our room because there was no electricity in the area. 
  On the following day, before heeding to explore the islands, we had our breakfast at Mac Arthurs Place. Our breakfast was on time. The life vests in the boat are enough only for all my siblings, so I put on a brave face during our trip. I did not have a life insurance! Our first stop was the Naked Island. Naked Island is a barren white sand island. 




My nephew Ej, and my niece Samantha are building sand castles in Naked Island.




Burying my foot in the white sand of Naked island.




A stone that looks like a seal in Naked Island.




After we enjoyed Naked Island, we went to another small white sand island. It is called Hagonoy Island. It has some coconut trees and a uncompleted nipa hut.




A signage in Hagonoy Island requesting all visitors to preserve the beauty of the place.




My 2 year niece Yufee is enjoying the breeze in Hagonoy Island.



This is the last island that we have visited. I am sorry I forgot its name. It has a cross on the right side of the island.










I hope to see you again Britania's Group of Islands in the future.


Me(leftmost), my niece Yufee, my sister Jesusa, my brother-in-law Eric with his wife, my sister Josiet, with their son Ej, my brother Jed with his wife Maila and their daughter Samantha. Taken in Naked Island.





No comments:

Post a Comment