Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My 1910 S US - Philipines One Peso AU Coin




    Although the coin was cleaned, it still shows its luster. I got this 1910 S US-Philippines One Peso in AU coin from a Filipino silver dealer. I was happy to purchase the coin because there was no "acid mark test" on the coin. Silver buyers and sellers in the Philippines usually drop an acid to any coin to test its authenticity. It is really frustrating if you see an acid mark test on any collectible coin.








    The first two things I look for in a One Peso US Philippine coin are the feathers on the body of the eagle and the feet of the lady because these are the two things that would signify that the coin was not used extensively. I think I sold this coin to a Filipino collector living in the United Sates of America.




No comments:

Post a Comment