Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Where to find Vintage Rolex Sports Watches & Vintage Omega Pie Pan Dials and Seamaster in Metro Manila, Philippines

     I was still working with a giant multinational pharmaceutical company in the Philippines when I decided to collect watches and coins. The year was 2004. During our company strategic meetings, we were billeted in a hotel. In one of the hotels that we were billeted in, there was a store of vintage watches and other collectible items. The store was near the left side elevator on the first floor of the hotel formerly named, Westin Philippine Plaza Hotel. The hotel is now named Sofitel Manila. The hotel is located inside the Cultural Center of the Philippines area complex. The vintage watch store has transferred to Shangri La Mall in Mandaluyong City when the new owners of the hotel took over.
Vintage Omega Seamaster Quartz Cal 1345
     I started visiting the store if I don't have work. I spent my Saturdays or Sundays going to the store and learning the different vintage watches being sold. My first purchased with the store is a Vintage Hamilton T20? in Gold Plaque Case. I lost the photo of the Hamilton. As far as my  mind can remember, it has a gold plaque case and the shape of the case is like of a half moon?  I eventually sold the Vintage Hamilton T20 in www.ebay.com and made a profit. After I earned profit from the Vintage Hamilton, my hunger to find another collectible but no so pricey watch has began. The rest, they say, is history.
    I started asking around and someone told me to go to Arranque in Manila. I must admit that I am not used of going to that area. I heard stories of criminals or pickpockets lurking in Arranque. But that did not deter me from exploring the place. I asked our young neighbor to accompany me. In Arrangue, you will really  meet different kinds of people and the SUPPLY of Vintage Omega Pie Pans, Seamasters, and Vintage Rolex Sports watches never ceases! Everyday is a trading day of watches, jewelries and coins in Arrangue. People of different backgrounds come to Arrangue to trade. I met a lawyer who trade watches in Arrangue. Whenever I see him on the street, I would always greet him with, " Hi, Attorney!"
   If you are a westerner and  you want  to buy watches in Arrangue, bring with you a watch technician. It is much safer. But before going to Arrangue, study the buying patterns of the buyers in Arrangue. Do not buy too low or too high so that you can get the best vintage watch being offered.
   And always be mindful of your wallet or bag at all times!
   Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment