Friday, July 4, 2014

How I deal with different kinds of Filipino Rolex buyers

   Based on my experience, I categorized my Filipino Rolex customers into three groups. They are the Newbie Rolex collectors, Rich people but not Rolex collectors, and Genuine Rolex collectors. I am sharing with you on how I deal with these groups. 

1.     Newbie Rolex Collectors - When I sell to this particular group, I have to research first on my product before talking with them. Most of the time, Newbie Rolex collectors asked a lot of questions. They usually asked a meeting inside the Rolex Center Philippines so that they can immediately verify the watch after my sales presentation. Sometimes, they share their knowledge on Rolex even without me asking them. Actually, I liked it that way because I also learn from them. Sometimes, they do not know the current market price of the product they are buying. So, I always gave them a fair market price of any product that I am selling.  

Vintage Rolex Red Submariner 1680 Automatic Watch

2.     Rich people but not Rolex collectors – these group of buyers are not sure of what they are going to buy. They are mostly concerned on the physical appearance of the item. When I have a buyer belonging to this group, I always asked my technician to clean the watch thoroughly. Sometimes they asked questions that are off topic on your product. They asked a question like, “ Do you know where my neighbor got his Rolex?” These group usually haggles a lot. Sometimes you felt that they are asking the watch for free! :)
3.     Genuine Rolex Collectors – when I deal with these group, I am the one asking questions rather than them. They are  all willing to share their knowledge. Sometimes, I forgot to offer the price because I listened intently to their ”lecture”. They know how to haggle the right price because they are updated on Rolex. Some genuine Rolex collectors will just examine the watch and after they are done checking it, they will only ask one question, “How much are you looking for this?”


Selling watches is not boring after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment